Old time radio blog.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

It was either that or Radio Sweethearts

and I bet that's been taken by either an Elvis Costello fan or someone into distaff country music. Nope, this is my blog on favorite pastime, collecting old-time radio shows; Theater Mined is a reference to the phrase coined to describe radio, "The Theater of the Mind". Each entry will focus on a separate series or on two or more similar series -- gems that I have personally mined from my favorite source. I will liken them to a comparable TV show or film genre if it helps generate more interest.

I've been downloading episodes from the excellent www.archive.org website's Old Time Radio pages, which has thousands of entries including two full broadcast days and efforts by the Old Time Radio Researchers Group to make available to the public full (and free) sets of classic series.

No comments:

Post a Comment